Skip to main content

Indian Woman Found Dead In UK Told Family Husband Would Kill Her

Harshita Brella, the 24-year-old Indian woman who was found dead in the boot of a car in London, allegedly told her mother that her husband "was going to kill her". Ms Brella was found dead on November 14. Her husband Pankaj Lamba, 23, is the prime suspect in her murder. According to The BBC, cops believe that the 24-year-old, who was born in Delhi and moved to the UK in April this year after marrying Lamba in August last year, was fatally strangled days before her body was found in the car's boot. 

Now, in an interview with the BBC, Ms Brella's mother, Sudesh Kumari, said she spoke to her daughter just weeks before her death. "(Lamba) was making her life miserable," she told the outlet. "She said I will not go back to him. He will kill me," the mother added. 

Ms Kumari said her daughter was "very simple, very innocent". "She did not fight with people," she added. 

Ms Brella's family believe that Lamba is in India, but said Delhi police were "not listening to them". The police, however, told the outlet that UK authorities have not requested for them to intervene. 

Ms Brella's father, Satbir Brella, said his family has been suffering ever since her death. He begged for justice. "I used to say to her, when I die I want you to perform my final rites. I had no idea that I would have to do hers," he said. 

Also Read | 2-Year-Old Boy In US Accidentally Shoots And Kills Mother With Unsecured Gun: Police

The family also stated that the 24-year-old had a miscarriage in the weeks before her death. They also claimed that they had been told that Lamba had hit his wife but alleged that the full scale did not become clear until she called her father crying on 29 August. 

"She said 'he beat me really bad. He even beat me in the street'," Mr Brella said, adding, "My daughter was crying, crying so hard."

According to previous reports, Ms Brella had made a report of domestic abuse to police in August and Lamba had been arrested on September 3, but was released on conditional bail and a domestic violence protection order was put in place.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said it will investigate Northamptonshire Police's contact with Ms Brella, while an international manhunt is underway for Lamba. The provisional cause of her death was noted as "manual strangulation pending toxicology and histology" at the inquest hearing.



from NDTV News-World-news https://ift.tt/ZJ3kmsD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Lanka Must Achieve Debt Restructuring By September: IMF

The International Monetary Fund on Tuesday reaffirmed that Sri Lanka must achieve its debt restructuring process by September, which is also the time for the global lender's formal review of the bailout facility it extended to the cash-strapped nation. On March 20, IMF extended a nearly $3 billion bailout facility to debt-ridden Sri Lanka that would help stabilise the country's economy after it was jolted by a devastating economic crisis last year. In a statement issued on Tuesday at the end of a nearly two weeks staff visit to Colombo to assess the progress made by Sri Lanka since the agreement was reached, the IMF said the two sides had discussed the developments on debt restructuring. "Sri Lanka must achieve debt restructuring by its first review due in September. We also discussed progress on debt restructuring, noting the ongoing discussions with both foreign and domestic creditors," the statement read. Sri Lanka is still struggling to normalise its crisis-hi...

Released 2 American Hostages On "Humanitarian Grounds": Hamas

Gaza's ruler Hamas said Friday its armed wing has released two American hostages, from around 200 captives abducted in attacks by the militant group in Israel on October 7. "In response to Qatari efforts, (Ezzedine) al-Qassam Brigades released two American citizens (a mother and her daughter) for humanitarian reasons," Hamas said in a statement posted on Telegram. The Islamist group did not detail how or when the hostages were released. The Israeli military said earlier Friday that most of those abducted to Gaza were still alive. "The majority of the hostages are alive. There were also dead bodies that were taken... to the Gaza Strip," an army statement said. The military said more than 20 hostages were minors, while between 10 and 20 were over the age of 60. There are also between 100 and 200 people considered missing since the Hamas attacks, the army added. On October 7, the Palestinian militant group carried out a deadly assault on Israel, the worst in...

Gaza's Rafah Border Crossing Area Hit In Military Strike

The area of the Rafah border crossing between the blockaded Gaza Strip and Egypt was hit Monday in a military strike, AFP correspondents said, as hundreds of Palestinians gathered hoping to cross. The area of the shuttered crossing point in Gaza's south had been hit at least three times last week by Israeli air strikes after Gaza-based Hamas attacked southern Israel on October 7 that triggered all-out war. (Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.) from NDTV News-World-news https://ift.tt/z9CBc7N