Skip to main content

Queen Camilla Gives Update On King Charles' Health Amid Silence On Kate

Britain's Queen Camilla said her husband King Charles who is being treated for cancer was doing "very well", as she greeted crowds on a visit to Northern Ireland on Thursday.

Charles has been absent from public duties since January while he undergoes treatment for an unspecified form of cancer, leaving Camilla and heir-to-the-throne Prince William to be the public face of the royal family.

Camilla, 76, joked with members of the public in Belfast, telling workers in a bakery that a smartly dressed small boy there was "a natural for the cameras" as he stole the limelight.

Handed a card by a schoolgirl outside a shop to wish her husband well, Camilla said: "Thank you. He'll be delighted."

Camilla and William have been out and about this week, meeting people and carrying out charity, holding the fort for the royal family while another of its star players, Kate Middleton, the Princess of Wales, also recuperates from a health problem.

Kate is not expected to return to official duties until after Easter on March 31, following abdominal surgery for a non-cancerous condition in January.

Interest in her health has kept Kate in the headlines. Britain's data watchdog said on Wednesday it was looking into a report that staff at the London hospital where she was treated had attempted to access her private health records.

Camilla, who loves books and has set up a reading charity, is due to attend an event later on Thursday celebrating Northern Ireland's literary history, at Hillsborough Castle, hosted by poet Paul Muldoon.

Last month Camilla said Charles was "doing extremely well under the circumstances."

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)



from NDTV News-World-news https://ift.tt/hbZeIOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Has Agreed To Send More Bombs, Warplanes To Israel: Report

The US in recent days authorized the transfer of billions of dollars worth of bombs and fighter jets to Israel, two sources familiar with the effort said on Friday, even as Washington publicly expresses concerns about an anticipated Israeli military offensive in Rafah. The new arms packages include more than 1,800 MK84 2,000-pound bombs and 500 MK82 500-pound bombs, said the sources, who confirmed a report in the Washington Post. Washington gives $3.8 billion in annual military assistance to Israel, its longtime ally. The package comes as Israel faces strong international criticism over its continued bombing campaign and ground offensive in Gaza and as some members of President Joe Biden's party call for him to cut US military aid. The United States has been rushing air defenses and munitions to Israel, but some Democrats and Arab American groups have criticized the Biden administration's steadfast support of Israel, which they say provides it with a sense of impunity. Bid...