Skip to main content

Twitter Slammed For Reinstating Account That Posted Child Sex Abuse Image

Elon Musk's X, formerly Twitter, is facing criticism after reinstating a right-wing account that had previously been suspended for posting images of child sexual abuse. 

The account in question, Dom Lucre, with nearly 600,000 followers was banned after he posted two screenshots of a video depicting child sexual abuse on July 22. The post was about Peter Scully, an Australian man sentenced to life in prison for sexually abusing children.

Four days later, Mr. Lucre was suspended from the platform four days later, as Twitter's policy indicates “zero tolerance towards any material that features or promotes child sexual exploitation.''

Soon after, Mr. Lucre's right-wing supporters complained about it and demanded his reinstatement.

Responding to the outrage, Mr. Musk wrote, ''Only people on our CSE team have seen those pictures. For now, we will delete those posts and reinstate the account.''

The decision to reinstate the account attracted considerable criticism from a lot of users.

"Have been tagged a few times on this one, so let me just say: It's insane to write 'we have zero tolerance for child sexual exploitation' while also arbitrarily reinstating accounts that share CSAM," Yoel Roth, Twitter's former head of trust and safety, posted on the social media site BlueSky on Wednesday.

Earlier, the social media site was blocked in Indonesia for violating local pornography and gambling laws. 

Indonesia's Ministry of Communication and Informatics in a statement said that the site was restricted as the domain had been previously used by sites that did not adhere to the country's strict laws against "negative" content such as pornography and gambling.



from NDTV News-World-news https://ift.tt/jn4ePc8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Has Agreed To Send More Bombs, Warplanes To Israel: Report

The US in recent days authorized the transfer of billions of dollars worth of bombs and fighter jets to Israel, two sources familiar with the effort said on Friday, even as Washington publicly expresses concerns about an anticipated Israeli military offensive in Rafah. The new arms packages include more than 1,800 MK84 2,000-pound bombs and 500 MK82 500-pound bombs, said the sources, who confirmed a report in the Washington Post. Washington gives $3.8 billion in annual military assistance to Israel, its longtime ally. The package comes as Israel faces strong international criticism over its continued bombing campaign and ground offensive in Gaza and as some members of President Joe Biden's party call for him to cut US military aid. The United States has been rushing air defenses and munitions to Israel, but some Democrats and Arab American groups have criticized the Biden administration's steadfast support of Israel, which they say provides it with a sense of impunity. Bid...