Skip to main content

Imran Khan Blames Pak's Ex Army Chief For Nawaz Sharif's Ouster

Former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Saturday blamed former Army chief, Gen (retired) Qamar Javed Bajwa, for getting PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif disqualified in the Panama Papers case, the Dawn reported.

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan claimed that General Bajwa had "sent two brigadiers", who proved Nawaz Sharif was involved in the Panama case, Dawn cited Bol News interview.

"He (Bajwa) had sent two brigadiers who proved Nawaz was involved in the Panama case," Dawn cited Bol News interview quoting Imran Khan.

"This is why Nawaz is not forgiving Bajwa," Khan added.

Khan said Pakistan's former army chief and all the agencies were telling the media and his government members about how corrupt the leaders of the Pakistan Democratic Movement were. He further said these people "imposed those same people on us".

In response to a question why Nawaz Sharif was permitted to leave the country, Khan said the former Pakistan PM's medical reports were manipulated, the Dawn reported.

To a question on local government elections in Karachi, the former PM spoke about the 'tactics' used by Pakistan People's Party to 'steal the polls' by collaborating with the local police, administration and the election commission.

The PTI chairman stressed educated, business-minded people residing in Karachi can never "vote for PPP."

Speaking on the Toshakhana case against him, the former Pakistan PM said the government and "handlers" made a big deal of the matter for no reason.

Khan on Saturday claimed that General Qamar Javed Bajwa's behaviour changed after being granted an extension as the military's head in 2019, The News International reported.

Khan said, "General Bajwa changed after the extension and compromised with the Sharif. He decided, at that time, to give them the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO)", The News International reported citing an interview with a private channel.

The PTI chairman also claimed that General (retd) Bajwa hired Hussain Haqqani as the then ambassador of Pakistan to the United States to topple his government. He added that Haqqani joined the office through the Foreign Office, without their knowledge.

Imran Khan claimed that the former diplomat started lobbying against him in the US and promoted General (retd) Bajwa, according to The News International.

Imran Khan was ousted through a no-confidence vote in April last year.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)



from NDTV News-World-news https://ift.tt/P4h67s5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Lanka Must Achieve Debt Restructuring By September: IMF

The International Monetary Fund on Tuesday reaffirmed that Sri Lanka must achieve its debt restructuring process by September, which is also the time for the global lender's formal review of the bailout facility it extended to the cash-strapped nation. On March 20, IMF extended a nearly $3 billion bailout facility to debt-ridden Sri Lanka that would help stabilise the country's economy after it was jolted by a devastating economic crisis last year. In a statement issued on Tuesday at the end of a nearly two weeks staff visit to Colombo to assess the progress made by Sri Lanka since the agreement was reached, the IMF said the two sides had discussed the developments on debt restructuring. "Sri Lanka must achieve debt restructuring by its first review due in September. We also discussed progress on debt restructuring, noting the ongoing discussions with both foreign and domestic creditors," the statement read. Sri Lanka is still struggling to normalise its crisis-hi...

Released 2 American Hostages On "Humanitarian Grounds": Hamas

Gaza's ruler Hamas said Friday its armed wing has released two American hostages, from around 200 captives abducted in attacks by the militant group in Israel on October 7. "In response to Qatari efforts, (Ezzedine) al-Qassam Brigades released two American citizens (a mother and her daughter) for humanitarian reasons," Hamas said in a statement posted on Telegram. The Islamist group did not detail how or when the hostages were released. The Israeli military said earlier Friday that most of those abducted to Gaza were still alive. "The majority of the hostages are alive. There were also dead bodies that were taken... to the Gaza Strip," an army statement said. The military said more than 20 hostages were minors, while between 10 and 20 were over the age of 60. There are also between 100 and 200 people considered missing since the Hamas attacks, the army added. On October 7, the Palestinian militant group carried out a deadly assault on Israel, the worst in...

Gaza's Rafah Border Crossing Area Hit In Military Strike

The area of the Rafah border crossing between the blockaded Gaza Strip and Egypt was hit Monday in a military strike, AFP correspondents said, as hundreds of Palestinians gathered hoping to cross. The area of the shuttered crossing point in Gaza's south had been hit at least three times last week by Israeli air strikes after Gaza-based Hamas attacked southern Israel on October 7 that triggered all-out war. (Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.) from NDTV News-World-news https://ift.tt/z9CBc7N